Saturday, February 9, 2013

UDL Reflection


Universal Design for Learning Checklist


As I reflect on Universal Design for Learning and my lesson, it is encouraging to me to see how I strive for equal opportunity among all of my learners.  It is also interesting to see where there may be barriers in my lesson for one reason or another.  I found that the most barriers in this particular lesson were in the areas of "Providing Multiple Means of Action and Expression."  I will modify my lesson so that I can provide multiple means of action and expression for my students.  It is imperative that as teachers plan their lessons/objectives, we take into account all aspects of student learning: the child's background knowledge, educational opportunities, different skill levels (whether one is gifted or if the student has special needs), and of course HOW the child learns best. 

The link below is the UDL checklist for my lesson on Identifying Nonfiction Text Structures:

UDL checklist and reflection

1 comment:

  1. HI! Your Google Doc needs to be set to Public in order to the link to work right. I sent a request. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete