Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wicked Problem Survey Results

I tried a survey tool I have never used before called Urtak.  I really like how user friendly this resource is.  Anyone can create a survey for others by asking yes or no questions.  Another feature with Urtak is others can add their own questions, which could be helpful in certain situations.  My particular survey focused on whether or not technology would impact student engagement for nonfiction book reports.  I feel the question I posed was a little too focused and some may have not been able to answer the question as well as I hoped because it was geared more toward elementary or Language Arts teachers.  If I had to do it over, I would pose a more general question regarding professional development options or questions regarding a specific technology tool.  I did enjoy looking over the results, however, and found the feedback helpful.  I would use https://urtak.com again to create a survey fore students, parents, or colleagues again.  I can also think of situations in staff meetings where our principal wants us to email individual thoughts regarding certain topics, and this survey would be a quick and easy way to get immediate feedback and results.  I also really love being able to see the results in a visual format, such as the pie graph urtak uses when providing the percentage of yes or no to each question and using blue and orange to differentiate between the two.  Please click on the link below to see the results.  I apologize on my particular survey results there was no code to embed, only on the survey itself which is pictured below the link to the results.

Wicked Problem Survey

Wicked Problem Survey

No comments:

Post a Comment